Vive ut Vivas

My September Abroad Destinations: London, Dubrovnik (Croatia), Budva (Montenegro), Amsterdam, London

Name:
Location: Issaquah, Washington, United States

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Brittish Museum

Yesterday I spent 5 hours at the brittish museum, after which I had to take a nap in a park because I was exhausted. There was sooooo much to see, and they let you take pictures. I almost filled my card there alone. Egyptian, greek, roman, & european artifacts, coins, history, and stories. And it was free. I saw the rosetta stone, which is how egyptian hyrogliphics were translated, numerous scupltpures, and so many more things its impossiblre to relay it all. Thats why I took a lot of pictures. Oh...there was this one really cool clock, built in the 1700's, and it uses a rolling ball to keep the time. I took some video of that one. Then I went on a pub walk along the thames river, and the guide was throwing out little tid bits along the way (which I love) about history, etc. At the first pub I didnt want to go in and buy a drink and drink alone, so I sat outside and took some pictures of St. Pauls Cathedral, and this guy walking buy stopped and talked with me and ended up joining the walk and bought me a few drinks. He's nice enough, ill try to sneek a picture tonight. Im meeting him at 7 for a tour of the city.

Im already planning when I will leave for the airport on monday. Im saving the old operating theater for monday as well, since its 2 minutes walk from my hostel. I mailed postcards yesterday, sorry I was so bad about getting to the post office. They will arrive, eventually.

Much Love!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It has been exciting reading your blog each day and hearing what cool experiences you've been enjoying! So much fun and good memories to carry with you 4ever. Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Love Dad & Trish

8:32 AM, September 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home