Vive ut Vivas

My September Abroad Destinations: London, Dubrovnik (Croatia), Budva (Montenegro), Amsterdam, London

Name:
Location: Issaquah, Washington, United States

Friday, September 08, 2006

Today

Hi (espically to those of you who comment...:)

So I did make it to the beach today, after I walked to the grocery store that the locals use and bought some interesting stuff. Filled crossants anyone? The beach here is very nice, although its a pebble beach, no sand to be found. I brought my sarong (thanks for that mom) to europe to use as my beach towel since I didnt want to carry a thick one. The water is crystal clear, and it feels so good since the temp is in the high 80s. One thing I didnt think about is the fact that this is actually a sea, meaning salt water. My first dive had me coughing, since salt water up the nose is not as easily cleared as lake water. Its interesting to have salt on my lips, and in my nose, and sinus. Its beautiful though, and no matter how far out I got I could still see the bottom very clearly. I then showered, and walked the walls at sunset. I took SOOOOOO many pictures. I introduced myself to a guy I had seen walking yesterdaz and todaz (sorry, the z is where the y should be, and im tired of correcting...so when zou seee a z, think y) up on the wall and when we were done, we went for dinner at the old port. It was nice to have companz. His name was Garz, and he was from Aulstralia. Now I think im oging to go skinnz dipping (if im alone) or just swimming at night (if people are around).

Love zou all...and if zou are reading this and havent commented, please saz hi!

>Take care, more tomorrow!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't imagine "walking the walls at sunset".What I can imagine is how spectacular the sunsets must be! I'm glad you're taking lots of photos. Remind me of the time difference, and what time do you usually send your message? Just curious :-)
What did you decide on for lodging for the rest of your stay in Croatia?
Good to hear you are asserting yourself . . and being careful at the same time. We love you...m&m.

7:03 PM, September 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey rose, sounds like a great day....so are you skipping montenegro? walking the wall sounds so cool! I was looking at the desktop picture on the work computer......lymi
shannon

9:17 PM, September 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rose-Leeee!!!! Girl, "honey" misses you like crazy. But she can't really think about you right now because she hunting a moth that got in our house. She's kind of a weak hunter... a little timid, I don't think she'd make it as a "big" kitty in the "real" world. Anyway, I miss you girl, I think about where you are and what your doing about ten thousand times a day. I was keeping my grandfather posted on your travels while I was over there for a few days. I can't wait to hear your stories, see your pictures and give you a big hug. Love ya sister, and live it up!!! Enjoy the ride.
~Me (Jen...but you should know that)

10:56 PM, September 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home