Vive ut Vivas

My September Abroad Destinations: London, Dubrovnik (Croatia), Budva (Montenegro), Amsterdam, London

Name:
Location: Issaquah, Washington, United States

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

6/9/2006 (european style!!)

Well, this afternoon was interesting to say the least. Apparently all you have to do is talk to a brittish man and he will shower you with compliments and offer to fly you back. Dont worry, im being very careful (mom and dad!) but it is fun. One of them gave me a ring (again, dont flip out;). Its pretty cool.

I went for a walk tonight (still havent eaten yet) along the Thames River, and got some really cool photos of the tower bridge, from both sides. As I continued, I came across a free play, and caught the last 40 minutes of that. Very cool, although it was too dark for those pictures to turn out.

I am having a hard time with charging my ipod. I searched my room last night, and finally discovered it was the freaky looking white box that I didnt think was anything but telephone plugs (aka UK plugs :) However, at about 1am the three dudes arrived, and I unplugged it. I dont want anyone to take it. I also have the delima of waking up tomorrow morning. My flight out of heathrow is at 11am. I have to pick up my tickets at the airport and heathrow is the airport that the terror plot was to leave from, so their security is very heightened. Plus I will be traveling through the subways during rush hour. I am thinking I should leave by 7:30, 8 at the latest. If it takes me an hour to get to the airport, I will have at least 3 hours to get everything accomplished...however, I forgot my alarm clock. My plan is to have my ipod in bed with me...(maybe inside my pillowcase) and set its alarm to go off (and have the headphones plugged in and turned all the way up on a really loud song)...

I already packed...either I lost some clothing or I got better at packing everything...hopefully I got better, that way I can do some shopping before I leave and still bring it back with me...

Thats the plan...im off to eat my dinner (eggsalad sandwitch, soda, candybar...im on a budget) and maybe grab a pint before I go to bed (theres karyoke in the bar on the first floor of the hostel)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Rose,
I already miss you- I still look for your truck everytime I pass the office. Zac asked me about where you were this morning, and I filled him in. Caleb is doing ok at daycare. Work is going ok, the greys anatomy song just cam on-now I miss you even more!!LYMI!! Shannon

11:40 AM, September 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home