Vive ut Vivas

My September Abroad Destinations: London, Dubrovnik (Croatia), Budva (Montenegro), Amsterdam, London

Name:
Location: Issaquah, Washington, United States

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

I have arrived!!

8:25pm Seattle- Im now sitting in front of my gate, having already checked in and cleared security. So begins this adventure. Im wondering what I am forgetting (hind site:extra contacts, alarm clock), what I have that I dont need, and what I will wish I had. What will become of me?

6:12pm London Time- What a long flight. I didnt sleep very much which means very little sleep for two nights and im about to go out to Central London. (I was sitting at the bar of the pub below my hostel). I most likely took the longest route to the hostel. Honestly, i was lost and going off memory from what I had written before I left (wrong) as far as directions. (Hindsite: WRONG!!) When I finally arrived after walking with my luggage all over SW London, I found the directions in my bag. Good thing i have navagational skills and a london map. I met some CHARACTERS on the Underground from Heathrow to London...Louis and Ashley. Two guys, about my age, really hard to unerstand...but it was fun trying.


9:30pm- Reasons I love london...SHOES...everyone wears real shoes here. No athletic shoes anywhere (at least no big ones...the sketcher type that Lyndsay has are around...mostly on guys though). There was someone walking behind me in the underground (which I have gotten really good at navagiting) and I thought it was a woman in pumps, but it was a guy with loud shoes. I think I should go shopping...since I didnt end up bringing my pumps. Im going to try an dfind a H&M tomorrow, along with the old operating theater and the brittish museaum. Thrusday I have to get up early and head to the airport for my flight to Croatia.

Another reason is the abundance of Men, men my age. Espically when they all get off work and make their way home. I swear Im getting tons of looks, although im thinking its because its obvious im american since im wearing tennys...;)

I do love London...TONS. I could live here, easy. Do you all want to move???

More later..promise.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Rose,
Sounds like fun! So good to hear from you. How many mechanical companies are in London? hmm how is the hostel?

7:46 PM, September 05, 2006  
Blogger longblackveil said...

Hi everyone...so I love your comments, but I dont really know who anonymous is or krama1 for that matter...care to sign your comments, espically if your anonymous???

THX...its almost 9am...and im off to take pictures of the famous london landmarks. Although I dont think I will be able to upload them until my return. LYMI!

11:57 PM, September 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home