Vive ut Vivas

My September Abroad Destinations: London, Dubrovnik (Croatia), Budva (Montenegro), Amsterdam, London

Name:
Location: Issaquah, Washington, United States

Friday, September 08, 2006

Dubrovnik, Croatia

I made it. Yesterday was a long day for numerous reasons. I had to leave the hostel early to get to the airport. The flights were good, you should have eaten the meal they served on the flight from london to Zagreb, Croatia (the capital). There was something that resembeled cottage cheese, but more bland and I couldnt find any salt/pepper. The main dish was turkey wrapped around something of a paste of something. I didnt eat the paste, but I did put the turkey into the roll provided. There was also a small side of pasta with garbonzo beans. Not bad, but not too flavorful either. For dessert there was this pastry, wrapped around some unknown brown paste. The couple next to me was from california, and the woman suggested it was ground nuts and figs, so we'll go with that. It was the best thing of the meal.

When I arrived in Dubrovnik, I missed the bus, so I took a taxi. The marcedes dropped me off right at buza, which means hole in the wall. Two turns later and a few steps down and I was at my lodging. The place is amazing, and about the same price as the hostel in London. I wont be able to send any pictures back, but you'll understand the importance of walking down the steps, instead of up them. I had a beer on the terrace of another buza on the adriatic side of old town, and the sunset was increadable. I ended up taking a nap at about 9ish, oops. I didnt fall asleep till about 4, which is right in line for my sleep schedule from the hostel. Im hoping its a time change thing.

Im not going to go to the Pltvic national park, like I planned, since its about a 7 hour drive. Today I need to find accomodations, or make plans, for sunday an dmonday. I already made arrangements with the cab driver to pick me up at 5.15am for my flight next tuesday.

I do miss you all a lot. Im planning on going tot he beach today, and walking the walls this evening. Beach and kayaking tomorrow, and a 3 island fish lunch cruise on sunday. Im also thinking of staying in one of the nice hotels for a few nights. Hmmm...maybe, maybe not.

LOVE YOU!!

Say hi to Zac, Matt, Hannah, Nate, Lexie, and Caleb for me please and tell them that I love them and miss them. Same to my sisters, parents, aunts, and friends!!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love hearing from you everyday, and hope you have a great day at the beach!!
Love ya Shannon

10:12 AM, September 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rose - It sounds like you are having so much fun. The kids and I have been busy with school and forgot to check the blog until today but had fun reading about your adventure. We will be looking at where you are on the globe so they can get a idea of how far away you are.
Hannah says "we love you and miss you".
Matt Jr says "I hope your having fun, when you get home can I see the ring you got."
Lexi says "goo goo gaa gaa" which means I love you :0)
We can't wait to read your next post and we won't forget this time.
We love you and are praying for you. Love, Lyndsay, Matt, Hannah & Lexi <><

1:57 PM, September 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home